Shal Bafan Mosque built in the Qajar era and is located 45 kilometers of Ecbatana, Shal Bafan District, Hamedan, Hamedan Province, Iran.
Jameh Mosque of Hamedan is one of the oldest mosques in the city. Based on the architectural specifications and some inscriptions found in the mosque, it seems that the building belongs to the Qajar period. The construction’s date, 1837 AD, is written on the front Iwan which coincides with the reign of Fath Ali Shah Qajar. But some older documents tell another story. In those sources, the mosque is listed as one of the Islamic Golden Age projects. The terms “Jameh Mosque” or “Masjed-e Jameh” are used in Iran for a grand communal mosque where mandatory Friday prayers are performed; the phrase is used in other Muslim countries but only in Iran does it designate this purpose.
The Green Mosque, which is a relic from the Qajar period, is located on Molavi Street and the old neighborhood of Akhund.
The mosque is from the Seljuk period, late 12th or early 13th century, but the school was constructed later Under the Qajar dynasty in the 19th century. It is a widely held view that back then, Qazvin owned two Jameh mosques; the bigger one was known as Atigh Jameh Mosque and was dedicated to Shia (the second largest branch of Islam), and the second Jameh Mosque, aka Heidarieh Mosque, was dedicated to Sunni Islam which operated until Mongols’ attack that resulted in reduction of Sunnis in the country.
Mohammadiyeh Mosque is located in the heart of the old part of Qazvin, on the first street of Iran, nameed Sepah Street, and in Mohammadiyeh Alley.
It is a remnant of the Qajar dynasty and was built in 1816 AD by two brothers named Mohammad Hasan Khan Sardar and Mohammad Hossein Khan Sardar (Sardar is a label that refers to a commander of an army). They had both participated in the Iran and Russian war and succeeded gloriously. The construction is most certainly an architectural masterpiece in Iran’s history. Apart from this mosque and school, the two brothers have also constructed two cisterns and a bathhouse in Qazvin city.
It was named Soukhteh Chenar (burnt plane tree) since there’s been a burnt plane tree in the mosque’s yard that people used as a wishing well and believed that if they tell their wishes to the tree, God would hear them so the wish would be granted. Unfortunately, because of the city structures the tree was removed. It is also known as Mosa Reza Mosque and it has commonly been assumed that in the year 817 AD, Ali ibn Musa al-Ridha (Reza) stayed in Dawud b. Sulayman al-Ghazi house when traveling through Qazvin on his way to Merv. Dawud b. Sulayman al-Ghazi was a distinguished person back then and was buried in his own house after his death. So later on people turned his house into a mosque and named it after the eighth Shia Imam, Reza.
the mosque was built by ‘Tahmasp I’ and was used as a prayer place for Harem (the separated part of a Muslim household reserved for wives). In other words, there was a way from Harem to this mosque that the king and his wives could use to go there and pray.
Ahmadieh Tomb and Mosque located at Shohada Street (aka Sepah Avenue), Imamzadeh Esmaeil Alley in Qazvin. The Tomb of Sheikh Ahmad Qazali located at the small underground in the mosque.
Al-Nabi Mosque which is about 14000 square meters. According to the inscriptions, Shah mosque was built under the order of Fath Ali Shah Qajar, But there is some evidence which shows the appearance of the mosque in the Safavid era, and the architect has been known as a man named Mirzaye Shirazi. Soltani mosque was built in 1166 AH.
Imamzadeh is located in Akhound District, near to the north of Sardar School and Mosque. The shrine will be stunning at night because of its light.
Salehiyeh School-Mosque of Qazvin, based on an inscription on its portal, was built in 1248 AH by Haj Mohammad Saleh Baraghani Qazvini who was one of the pious scholars of Qazvin.
Copyright © 2022 To Iranwatching. All Rights Reserved.