Created At: Saturday 2020-07-04 20:43:49
Updated At: Tuesday 2021-03-16 23:32:00
Time To Read: 2 Minutes
Salad-e Shirazi is a refreshing salad originated in Shiraz Province, Iran and that's why we call it that way. This delightful combination of three simple main ingredients such as cucumber, tomato, and onion is a perfect matching side dish for lots of different flavors.
Cooking time: 10 min
3 to 4 Serving
Salad-e Shirazi ingredient
- 4 Persian cucumbers
- 1 Onion (preferably red onion)
- 2 to 3 medium tomatoes
- 2 tbsp combination of dried mint or finely chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 2 limes), plus more as needed
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt- pepper to taste
- Dice the cucumbers, tomatoes, and onions into small cubes and mixed them in a medium bowl.
- Add the dried mint/chopped parsley, lime juice, salt, and pepper and toss them to combine.
- In a small bowl use a whisk to combine the lime juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Add to the salad ingredients. Toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.
You may prepare and combine the vegetables a few hours ahead and refrigerate without adding the dressing. Toss the vegetables with the dressing right before serving. Adjust salt and pepper to your taste.
You can also Lemon juice can also be used if preferred.
In a word, you can manipulate these easy and fabulous ingredients. Iranwatching looks forward to grasping your taste, so please share them with us.