The Armenians of Isfahan, as well as Armenian merchants and immigrants from Russia, built Stephanos church, the oldest church in Hamedan, in 1676 AD at the time of Shah Suleiman of Persia. The background story is that during World War I, thousands of Armenians from Western Armenia took refuge in western Iranian cities such as Kermanshah and Hamedan. After settling down, they decided to make the place more like home; so the first essential place that they needed was a church, a place to keep their religion.
Not many people knew Noushijan Castle until 1963 that a British team searched and excavated the castle for 14 years. During the excavation, many works belonging to the Medes, Achaemenid, and Parthians were found. A fortress fence and two fire temples indicate the political, religious, and military functions of this castle in the Median period. in later periods, the existing construction had been used as a platform and subsequent buildings were created on it so that the building related to the Medes remained even up to a height of 8 meters and does not need any special reconstruction.
Shal Bafan Mosque built in the Qajar era and is located 45 kilometers of Ecbatana, Shal Bafan District, Hamedan, Hamedan Province, Iran.
This complex belongs to the Qajar dynasty is located in Boroujerdi Street, Malayer County, Hamedan Province, Iran.
Professor Jafar Mohammad Alizadeh built this museum and all the specimens have been collected by him and some interested students. During its 28-year of activity, the Hamedan Museum of Natural History has discovered some specimens for the first time in the country, but proving that they are also unique around the world requires further research. For example, the discovery of five new species of Persian Gulf fish and several specimens of fossils was first reported by the museum. Currently, in addition to tourists and researchers, many groups of students visit this museum every year.
The story of the discovery of this castle is that in the early Pahlavi period a farmer found a large piece of ruby while plowing his land. The ruler of the region sent it to the government. The beauty of the ruby attracted the attention of Reza Shah so he sent Teymourtash to that area for further research. Teymourtash didn’t find anything and closed the case. All was forgotten until Dr. Jafari gets interested in this subject in the 1960s. after extensive researches, sent the ruby to the United States for examination. Americans found an inscription on it and concluded that this ruby belonged to "Bahram Gor” who hung it on his horse's neck. Most likely, the village of Gourab is the hunting ground to where Bahram Gor went and never returned.
Mir Razi al-Din was born in 1570 and lived in Artiman. Then as a young man, went to Hamedan to study religion. In the year 1592 AD, he traveled to Isfahan, home of poetry and literature masters at the time, and gained a high position in the court of Shah Abbas Safavid. He later married Shah Abbas’s daughter. The tomb's structure consists of four arched entrance doors with exquisite tiles on top of them. The facade is built of brick and has an opening with a high arch. Behind these arches is a building with a tiled entrance.
Ibn Sina was born in 359 AH in Bukhara and died in 416 in Hamedan. He is a physician, poet, philosopher and great scientist of Iran.
Ghorban Tower is one of the historical monuments of the 7th or 8th centuries AH, which is located in Zandiyeh neighborhood of Hamadan, between Chaharbagh Shahid Madani and Taleghani Street, next to Ibn Sina High School.
Morad Beyg Valley is one of the three important valleys in the southern part of Hamadan with pristine and beautiful nature. The settlement of people around this valley has formed a village of the same name in 4 km of Hamedan city. With the expansion of the city from the south, Morad Beyg valley was also included in the urban area and in the decree of 1988, it was considered as an urban service area.
The Grand Bath is located in the city of Kaboudar Ahang in Hamadan province. You can visit this building in Dastgheib Street, Bath Alley.
Ganjnameh waterfall with a height of 12 meters is located on the way of the heights of Alvand mountain and five kilometers southwest of Hamedan.
Copyright © 2021 To Iranwatching. All Rights Reserved.